Summertime Dreamer

A Faraway View will be posting throughout the summer, but in a lazy day kind of way. There won't be much textual content. Instead I'll be posting different types of dreamy music videos with short thoughts introducing them and some questions directed toward you the reader. I hope you'll stay with me on this. There's some good music planned and I'd like to know what the songs bring to your mind.

Have a wonderful summer!

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Circle Sky Moon Mix


         There's a fire tower sitting up on Rich Mountain above Cades Cove in the Great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee.   You have to hike to get there.  It's been many years since I've been to that place.   I used to have dreams about fire towers.   In the early 70's a very fine country rock music group called Rich Mountain Tower put out a few albums.  Sadly they remained fairly obscure.








           Have you ever visited a fire tower?   Are you afraid of heights?   Do you have dreams about being in high places or falling?

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

JoJo said...

I've never been up in a fire tower, but I've been on top of tall buildings w/ observations decks/rooms. I am afraid of heights, with one caveat. If there is the promise of capturing some good photos, somehow I manage to put my fears aside, like the time I took a helicopter ride in Oregon. Seeing the top of Mt. Rainier all the way from the Oregon coast was worth it.

Moonie said...

Yes a place to have big dream.

Expansive is the view
feet mingle with the clouds
if from the platform I withdrew
would I fly?

Stopped over to say "Hi" and hope you are having some memory building summer days.