Summertime Dreamer

A Faraway View will be posting throughout the summer, but in a lazy day kind of way. There won't be much textual content. Instead I'll be posting different types of dreamy music videos with short thoughts introducing them and some questions directed toward you the reader. I hope you'll stay with me on this. There's some good music planned and I'd like to know what the songs bring to your mind.

Have a wonderful summer!

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Technicolor Dreams



         Some say they only dream in black and white, while others say they dream in color.   My dreams are definitely in color.    I'm a big fan of black and white movies, but I'd hate for my world to only be in black and white.





         

            Do you dream in color?    Does color ever play a specific role in your dreams?   Do your dreams consist of highly defined visual images or are they more vague and shadowy? 


Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

JoJo said...

Always in colour. Esp. during my Grateful Dead years, my dreams were always a swirl of tie dye, psychedelic buses and colourful stickers on cars.

John Holton said...

They're in color, and not abstract in the least, but I do seem to move a lot in them. The more tired I am, too, the more vivid, longer, and crazy they are. I used to travel a lot, so my dreams are full of airports, hotel rooms, and public restrooms. The airports and hotel rooms I get, but the restrooms? Hmm...

angelsbark said...

I always dream in color. I've never dreamed in black & white that I know of. I used to hear that dreaming in color is rare but I don't think that's true. What does it mean when one dreams in color versus black and white dreams? Is dreaming in color not typical for most people? I have talked to some people who don't dream in color and I just can't imagine that. And I too am a big fan of all things black and white (photography, film noir and old movies, color combination). But I can't imagine dreaming in only black and white. Nice photo montage with the Bee Gees song!