Thursday, May 28, 2015

Dream Me the Money!

1933 Double Eagle.
1933 Double Eagle. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)


         Dreaming about money is probably fairly common for most people.  After all money is an integral part of life.  Money is something we hope to get, fear to lose, and think about often.  Thoughts of money typically enter our minds several times a day.  We pay for things when we are out, we pay our bills, we balance our check books, and figure out our budgets.   Sometimes--perhaps much of the time--money consumes us.

        With all of this thinking about money during waking hours it seems like a natural thing to dream about money when we are sleeping.   But how does actual money appear in dreams?   I'm sure this is different for each dreamer.   I'll explain my dream money experiences and you can tell us how yours compares.

        Money dreams can deal with a number of issues.  Here are a few:

  • Finding money
  • Losing money
  • Arguing about money
  • Looking for unspecific caches of money
  • Seeing money in the hands of others
  • Budgeting or making plans about money
  • Fearing the loss or theft of money
  • Thinking about money hopes and fantasies.
       
         There are probably other money related dreams that you have had or heard about others having.  Anything money related that we experience or hear about in waking life is something that we might be likely to dream about.

          One thing that I have noticed in my own dreams is that when money makes an actual appearance in a dream, that money does not look like money I would normally see in waking life.  Often the money appears as old coins and currency, gold coins or something of the nature that might have come from a treasure chest, unknown foreign money, something of an unidentifiable nature that is considered to be money in the dream, or bags or wads of cash that is not of any specific currency type.  

         In my most recent money dream... my wife has given me her purse which is full of money that she has made selling merchandise at some place where we are.  I'm sitting at a table with a male friend of my daughter sitting to my right.  My daughter is seated across the table from me.  She hands me about eight quarters (older quarters) and asks me to give her change for them in quarters.  I take the quarters she has given me and begin to count out different quarters and become confused as to what she is asking me to do.  
       Meanwhile the young man seated next to me takes my wife's purse and says he is going to count out the money.   As he begins I become exasperated with him since I am responsible for the money and don't want him to be messing with it.  Then he announces that there are gold bars in the purse and pulls out about eight very shiny small gold bars that are probably a few ounces each.  I distrust the young man and yet I am amazed that these gold bars are in my wife's purse.  We all have feelings of wealth.

         This was unlike any other money dreams I have had.  My most common money dreams have involved money being hidden in some place and when I awaken I usually wonder about that money and at times have even looked to see if I could find it.

           What kinds of money dreams have you had?    Can you remember actually seeing any money in your dreams and if so what did it look like?    How would you interpret dreams about money?

10 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever dreamed about money. Of course, I am a deep sleeper and do not remember many dreams so it could be there.

    I would love for your wife to have some gold bars in her purse. That would be quite heavy to carry. Not so much a burden but you might need a cart to haul that sort of purse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, I'm sure the gold bars represent something other than gold bars, but I'm not sure exactly what. Now that I've raised the idea in your mind you might start remembering money as a part of your dreams in the future. It might be referenced only subtly.

      Lee

      Delete
  2. I can't recall ever having a money dream at all. If I did I think it would have been one that stuck in my memory like all the beachcombing and super surreal dreams have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, from the beachcombing dreams you've described I think what you have found in them might be a symbolic replacement or representation of money or things of value.

      Lee

      Delete
  3. I haven't had any money dreams (that I know of). Would love to discover some treasure in a dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, so far I'm surprised by the comments. I would have thought that everyone has dreams about money sometimes. Maybe you don't notice since money is such a common factor in daily life.

      Lee

      Delete
  4. Morning Arlee - interesting dream about all the people in your dream. the gold bars - from your wife's purse - from many coins of little value to gold bars. Money has energetic value as we know - too little, low energy. I'd say there is 'gold' in your dream - and your wife as representative of feminine energy, the man of masculine energy ... your daughter also feminine energy. NIce dream! Plus your good feelings of wealth -
    I often lose my purse (and keys) in my dream, containing ID docs, money etc etc which I hunt for and which I take as a signal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The main point of my money dreams is someone is always trying to scam me out of my money. But I have never seen the money.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a very interesting post, Arlee. To my knowledge, I have never had a money dream. I have dreams that give me needed messages and I have nightmares or otherwise upsetting dreams. I guess although we have very little in the way of money, I don't worry about it enough to dream about it because I know Heavenly Father will take care of us. He always has.

    The overwhelming thought that stood out to me as I read the description of your dream with the gold bars in your wife's purse is that money wasn't really what was at play here. You mentioned confusion and exasperation. None of us are getting any younger...maybe somewhere inside you fear a loss of control, of someone else being in control of things that are currently yours to be responsible for. You mention that your wife gave you her purse, but you don't mention that she is also seated at the table. Maybe you are worried about something happening to her or what will happen if something happens to her.

    Loss of control and insecurity dreams are ones that I am very familiar with as these feelings are at the root of many of my dreams.

    Another thought, you mention this male is a friend of your daughter's. You value your daughter. Maybe you don't want to entrust her to him? I don't know a daddy alive that freely gives his daughter to another man without pause. Maybe this was a warning dream. Maybe the money was in there to distract you from the real concern.

    Those are just my thoughts on it. Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne, very interesting and astute analysis. You provide a very different perspective worth considering.

      Lee

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments or to just know that you were here. Please let me know what you think. And if you'd be so kind, please click on the Friend Connect button. It's nice to be joined on my dream journey with others who want to explore the mysterious world of the subconscious mind.
Sorry, due to too much spam I no longer allow anonymous comments on this site. If you want to comment and aren't registered yet then please sign up. It's not all that difficult and I'd really like to hear what you have to say. Comment away!

The Dreamer